Swiss Marketing Vaud Webcast: How to promote Crans Montana?
The association Swiss Marketing Vaud invited a valaisan to share his experience to renew the positioning of a product like no other: a region.
Who is Crans-Montana today? To this question there are as many answers as there are inhabitants. I therefore oriented my thinking differently and identified the values, the attractions, and especially the assets. These USPs existed at its birth in 1893, which are still present today, but especially those that do not exist elsewhere and that represent the essence of its future development, says Samuel Bonvin.
Samuel Bonvin, Marketing & Events Manager, Crans-Montana Tourism and Congress.
Conference of Samuel Bonvin, on the construction of the Crans Montana brand
From the beginning, Samuel Bonvin sets the scene: Mountain tourism in Switzerland in 2017 is: the sharp rise in the Swiss franc, strong competition in the seaside, an unpredictable climate, a general decline in skiing (more info on this last point).
Once the situation is posed, Samuel Bonvin presents his approach: :
- Modify the image with a new brand concept
- Federating actors
- Co-create and sustain the brand
How will the brand be expressed:
- By an evolution of its logo and a new chromatic universe
- By a new visual universe
- By new images, words, hangs
- By new media
- By experiences, events, products that express something other than skiing and golf
- By questions and a single answer
An article in 2011 where we learn that he is the founder of the Caprice Festival
Other Klewel content in this area that may interest you:
- Counselors serving your stay – Crans-Montana Tourism & Congress adapts to new customer behavior
- Reflection: Mountain tourism and climate change: between threats and opportunities
- Event market in Switzerland and in Valais
Photo by Sandra Culand, more pictures.
This post is also available in: French